Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
No Name

Default bulges and "hot spots" inside 20 year old furnace...do I really need new one?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Bubba wrote:

On 5 Oct 2007 04:19:56 -0400, wrote:

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

A 30 dollar CO detector is crap.
Unless you spend a couple hundred dollars on a good one, it's a false

sense
of security.

Would you have any evidence for this article of faith?

Nick

Nick,
You can start right here. Its on the front page
http://coexperts.com/
The level that CO detectors DONT alarm at is the real problem.
Happy reading.
Bubba

If I were Nick, I'd next ask: Do you have any evidence *other* than
claims made on the website of a company selling the high-priced
detectors?

Sure do... look up UL-2034
Then check the data on acceptable alarm levels.
Now find a normal big box store that carries anything *but* UL listed
detectors.
Name one of those detectors that sound an alarm when the CO sensor fails.
Most people don't understand that they need to be replaced after a few
years.

It a false sense of security, PERIOD.