Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Lot's of painting needed. Get a "machine?"

On Oct 5, 8:56 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"John Gilmer" wrote in message

We have a TH that "needs" painting in every room. We have just completed
the kitchen but there are another 5 rooms plus hall ways plus stair well
plus 1-1/2 baths.

Moreover, we will put "stick on" vinyl tile over under layment. The
"stick on" instructions recommend painting the floor with latex primer.

That's a LOT of painting.

It's starting to make sense to look into getting some seriour
"Professional" equipment.

Have any of you gone this route?

In particular, I was looking at the "pump sprayers" that can (if run "flat
out" put a gallon of paint on the walls/ceiling/whatever every few
minutes.

Has anyone else here gone that way?

What "features" should I look for? What's the minimum about of painting
that can justify the clean up of the equipment. In the past I have
gotten some of that "Weaver" junk but I found that it just don't
completely clean up.

What about maskink, etc? What are the "over spray" issues.

Please stop using quotation marks for the remainder of this discussion.
Thank you.

Now, do you know the location of a real paint store in your town? Not Home
Depot, Sears, Wal Mart, etc., but a real paint store? Or, a hardware store
where they know what they're talking about? The answer to this question
will assist people in responding to your questions.- Hide quoted text -

Find out what you really need first, the floors I just put down
require a special latex primer, its liquid. A 5gallon bucket, screen,
pole, roller and sleeve would be just as fast without spraying your
walls and baseboard. My floor required rolling with a floor roller.