Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Chris Chris is offline

Default OT?: Storing a window air conditioner?

jw wrote:

On Oct 4, 2:00 pm, Chris wrote:
Hi All,

Not completely off topic, but I figured folks here would know,
no luck on this from google :-(.

The AC came out of the window yesterday and the only place to
store it is on the back (fins side), would require a serious
re-arrangement to put it flat.

Is that going to be a problem?

[ ... ]
Not a problem, other than when you place it back in service
leave it in position for a period(minimum of an hour) to allow
the oil to drain down before starting it.

There is a small potential for the oil to collect in the
suction line and you will hydrolock the compressor.

Thanks JW! Now I can quit worrying :-).

Will be easy to leave it horizontal when I go to install it as I
have to get it out and put it on the cart to drag it back in
here while I assemble the "no holes" mount that keeps the
landlord happy :-).

Thanks much, Chris