Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Bosch dishwasher powder compartment problem

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:34:44 UTC, Lobster
wrote:

Mike Barnes wrote:
In uk.d-i-y, Nick Challoner wrote:
I have a problem with our Bosch SHV4313GB/17 dishwasher that I was
wondering if anybody knows how to fix please. It's 7 years old and up
until now has always worked well. The problem is with the sliding door
of the powder/tablet compartment. Like many Bosch and similar models,
this is spring loaded and is supposed to spring open at the
appropriate point in the cleaning cycle (presumably due to the hot
water expanding the plastic and releasing the catch?).

If your Bosch is anything like ours, the "appropriate point in the
cleaning cycle" is right at the beginning.

Dunno about that - on ours you can hear the clunk of it opening about 5
mins after you switch on. Not sure what goes on during that time -
prewash/preheat or something? Does it drain (and take out soapy water
if the soap has been discharged?)

The compartment/cover is quite a complex bit of gubbins - would they
really have fitted it if it was totally superfluous?

I always thought it did a pre-rinse first, then pumped and refilled,
then dropped the powder in.

We don't use tablets as they're expensive and unnecessary IMO. Salt is
cheap in bulk, and powder is too (in bulk from CPC!)

http://www.diybanter.com