Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default Bosch dishwasher powder compartment problem

In message , Nick Challoner
writes
I have a problem with our Bosch SHV4313GB/17 dishwasher that I was
wondering if anybody knows how to fix please. It's 7 years old and up
until now has always worked well. The problem is with the sliding door
of the powder/tablet compartment. Like many Bosch and similar models,
this is spring loaded and is supposed to spring open at the
appropriate point in the cleaning cycle (presumably due to the hot
water expanding the plastic and releasing the catch?). Only now it's
stopped doing so and doesn't open at all during the cycle. I cleaned
around the door removing what little powder gunge there was, but it's
still not opening. Any ideas how to fix please?

Not hi-jacking but adding to the thread, I also have a Bosch dishwasher
powder compartment problem but in my case the sliding door is
increasingly unwilling to stay closed & frequently opens as the main
door clicks shut and throws the tablet onto the floor of the dishwasher
underneath the lower basket.

I've assumed so far that the answer will be to replace the mechanism
(presumably involves taking the front of the door off - is replacement
possible/easy?) but it hasn't got to the point where I need to fix it
yet.

Is this mechanism really necessary? Could the tablet not just be left
sitting on top of something in the top basket?

--
Si