Posted to alt.home.repair
Lou Lou is offline

Default Wok fumes

wrote:
The incompetent buildings dept here in New York City after 5
inspections finally saw the vent and determined that the pipe he
installed, the tearing into the walls and the range hood he installed
did not require a permit, they also say that the 4" vent he has in the
shared soffit is not illegal. The ******* is uncooperative in
redirecting the vent because it might cost him $5.00 to do so.

Do you think it would be a viable solution to open up the soffit and
block off the area between the houses. Another idea I had was to
install my own rooftop vent to direct the fumes out of the soffit,
then sue him to cure this condition he created.

Maybe the fire dept would find a safety violation.
Call them and voice considerable concern about the possible grease build up.

Lou