Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pat_edfischer@msn.com is offline

Default Article on faux finishes

On Oct 4, 6:28 pm, Richard wrote:
About a year ago, I was reading an article on staining poplar or pine
to imitate other woods like mahogany or cherry. I've looked through
all of the back issues of my magazines and now can't find the
article.
I am working on some stage props that I want to look like 17th
century
furniture pieces so this article or any other suggestions for sources
would be helpful to me. The wood doesn't need to be convincing up
close, just similar from about 30' away.

Thanks for any help,

Richardwww.smallmiraclesentertainment.com

Did a quick search of the Wood article index and found the following:

1. Faux Finishes SEP 2007 178 32 - Crackle, Pewter and Leather
looking finishes - This article available at the WOOD STORE

2. Faux Finish Like a Pro-Tim Vander Well Dec 2000 129 78 - Plans
available at the WOOD STORE

3. Finishing - Painted Stone Finishes Apr 1991 42 76