Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Tooling supplier in Chicago area

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 20:23:37 -0500, Ignoramus8571

On 2007-10-04, Pete Keillor wrote:
If you have a McMaster near you, by all means go. It's not nearly as
convenient as on line, but it's fascinating education watching them do
their thing. Also, you can put in a request for a catalog if you
don't already have one, and have a shot at getting one.

When I went there, I did not see much. I was in a "will call room" and
they gave me my stuff in a box. It was also a PITA to find their
building due to very screwy roads around them.

Oh, that's too bad. The one in New Jersey had the will call next to
the loading floor. You could watch the whole evolution, Receiving on
one side of the long warehouse, storage in racks down the middle,
picking, packaging, and loading on the side nearest the will call.
They have their business down pat.

Pete