Posted to uk.d-i-y
deano deano is offline

Default Is there a difference in standard waste sizes?

On 2007-10-05 00:42:51 +0100, deano said:

I've heard mention, in the past, that Wickes use a sizing standard,

I think my OP was a little mis-read in some instances. I personally do
not use pushfit/compression-fit, from Wickes (or any other
manufacturers) in my installations and prefer solvent weld.

However, I often have to connect up to these systems on jobs I'm asked
to perform, either to add or repair something. And usually, when this
happens, the nearest Wickes is miles away and local PM's seem not to
stock suitable fittings to make the join, apart from 1 1/2" band
seals, which is what I usually end up using... not ideal when I want
to join on to something like a T.

It can be a real pain.

And I'm still in the dark about the standard sizes of boss connections
that I come accross... how many are there?

d.