Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default How do I remove moisture from a double pane window?

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:44:53 -0000, Big_Jake
wrote:

On Oct 4, 4:00 pm, Jerry wrote:
On Oct 4, 12:00 pm, Harry K wrote:

On Oct 4, 10:10 am, "Charlesmurphy via HomeKB.com" u35366@uwe wrote:
That is more along the lines of my thinking since replacing the window
would be very costly.
Replacing the _window_ would be but you don't have to do that. Any
glass company will replace just the sealed glazing unit. I have had
it done (on one window twice but the warrantee paid for the second
shot).

Depends of course on the size of the window. 7 or 8 years ago I had a
mower throw a rock into a 4ft x 8ft patio slider. Replacing the sealed
unit in that puppy cost me a hair over $500. Ouch!

Jerry

Crazy! My glass supplier stocks the standard replacement glass for
that size patio door for $180. I wish I could make $320 to install a
piece of glass!

JK

I have a 21" ROUND thermo pane window. The cost is $480. To install
it is $250 (because it is 20 feet up). I decided to just leave the
fog in the window and hang a $200 round stained glass piece over it.