Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default How To Paint Garage Door?

On 4 Oct, 16:08, yugami wrote:
On Oct 4, 2:58 pm, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:24:52 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

BTW if you still have that red toggle on a short bit of rope, and your
door has windows, consider how easy it would be for a burgler to break
the window, release the emergency mechanism and open your door.

Thanks for mentioning this. I don't recall reading or hearing of this
in any "home security" precautions.

- In my area people have been known to just pry on the top of the
garage
- door untill the top section falls in and then hook the rope.
- Presto....

I'm sitting in my office, visualizing my garage door. This is what my
mind's eye tells me...

If you were somehow able to "pry on the top of the garage door untill
the top section falls in" the opener would no longer be attached to
the rest of the door. Hypothetically, the top section of the door
would be hanging by the opener arm and pulling the rope would serve no
purpose.

In fact, I'm not even sure how someone could "pry on the top of the
garage door untill the top section falls in". There's bolts where each
roller is attached to the door, bolts through the hinges that attach
it to the next panel and bolts holding the locked-in-position opener
arm to the door. I can't imagine how you would "pry on the top of the
garage door untill the top section falls in".