BigWallop

Default Playing with meter tails

"Sparks" wrote in message ...
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this...

As per normal, I have my grid power entering my house, this then goes
through a 80A fuse that belongs to the electricity board, it then

continues
to my electricity meter, and then onto my consumer unit...

The thing is, I want to disconnect the tails that come from my meter, and
connect them to a generator transfer switch - this then connects back to

my
consumer unit, and also to a generator.

The options I have are..

Do it live - not a clever idea, especially as my consumer unit has a metal
back!

Pull the electricity boards fuse out, move it, and replace the fuse (minus
the metal tag/seal)

Call the electricity board, and see what extortionate rate they will

charge
me..

I have however read about someone calling the electricity board up, and

them
saying, "just pull the fuse, ring us when you are done, and we will send
someone out to check the installation, and replace the fuse and seal it up
again"

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Sparks...

I go with pulling the fuse and then having it sealed again. Job's done.

The thing that's getting me though, is the fact that your tapping in to the
mains tails. Why ? Can't you take the bridge from the BUS bar side of the
mains switch in the CU ? Doing it this way gives you at least some sort of
isolation if you have to carry out any maintenance on the new system.

---
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com