Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gwes gwes is offline

Default profit-motive question: single phase adapter for 3-phase motordrives

Robert Swinney wrote:
gwes sez: "If I sold a relatively inexpensive fully-isolated power-factor-corrected,
low-harmonic-distortion input multi-kilowatt 310-335V power supply for
220-240V motor drives, would anybody be interested. I'd price it so that
the solution would be cheaper than buying an over-rated drive and a
reasonably priced used transformer."

Get real ! It seems you are describing a VFD. Or did you mean a plain, ordinary rotary phase
converter?

Are you also selling plans for a steam powered pickup truck?

Bob (seen it all before) Swinney

Nope. Just a front end which lets you use a smaller VFD,
smaller input wiring because of lower harmonic currents,
isolates it so you don't draw sparks in the bearings or your
hand or have big ground currents, and keeps the RFI down.

If it's not what people want or need I'm certainly not going to
bother making any, that's for sure.
geoff