Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8571 Ignoramus8571 is offline

Default Government Auction

On 2007-10-04, Dave August wrote:
ROFLMFAO..

Uh Iggy.. I sure as **** hope you were joking... When I was in the service
we beat the crap out of everything... If the machine wasn't lugging down and
the chips flyin off dark blue to red hot and smoking you weren't working it
hard enough...

How often did you use your mill? Was 8 hours every day?

For the O.P. 70's BP's in EXCELENT shape can be had in the $2500 range,
several years ago I purchased a totaly rebuilt '64 J head with X axis power
feed for $2000,.. and yeah I baby my BP...

The down side of buying amachine like that is that it IS a project in
itself... you ARE going to have to replace parts...

Not necessarily.

I wouldn't bid on it.. If I did I'd bid 100 bucks and when I lost I'd be
happy...

Dave, you could be right and I could be wrong... I admit it... Just
3-4 months ago, I bought a mill of slightly older vintage (round ram)... The
gentleman (Rec.Crafts.Metalworking member) who bought it says that it
does not need any rebuild... It came from a factory.