Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Nick is offline

Default Any locksmiths hereabouts? How to impress a padlock. Help please

Hello.
I have an old Chubb 'Cruiser' padlock, probably about 30 years old.
Still available
http://www.saundersonsecurity.co.uk/...b_Cruiser.html

Unfortunately the keys have been mislaid/lost and I would dearly like to use
it again rather than bin it and buy anew. FWIW the padlock is unlocked.
I have spoken with Chubb (unhelpful) who directed me to a local
supplier/agent. The local agent was Very helpful but unable to assist. He
said that if I could find a good locksmith it might be possible to obtain an
impression of the levers and thus produce a key.
This may perhaps not be worth the salt but I really detest chucking a
quality item away if it can possibly be retrieved.
Thanks
Nick