Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

In article , Andy Hall writes
On 2007-10-04 21:14:15 +0100, "dennis@home"
said:

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message

Isnt it nice to have our actions dictated by people with a less than
full understanding of the subject.

I emailed my MP pointing out the limitations of CFLs and highlighting the
problems which will arise in situations where it's not practicable to use
them as direct replacements for filament bulbs. He appears to be
sympathetic to the problem and has asked the Energy Minister to a response.

My small voice in the wilderness isn't likely to have any effect but if
enough people do likewise it might do some good, as least it's not likely
to make the situation any worse.

Just remind your MP that Lupus suffers can be harmed by fluorescent
lighting so he had better make sure any rules take that into account.

Quite. Ask him to write to the minister for health as well.

And ask him for evidence that every local authority has the appropriate
arrangements to allow people to dispose of CFLs without them going to
landfill (and by the way ask him to get a cost for provision of
recycling facilities for CFLs in every borough...)

--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail