Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Gas Furnance Problems

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 05:20:03 -0700, "
wrote:

On Sep 30, 8:35?pm, "staselwood" u37849@uwe wrote:
Hello All,
First time poster...

I have an old gas furnance in my greenhouse that I just re-lit the pilot
light tonight for the first time since last winter. The pilot lights fine
and will stay lit as normal. Next I turn the heat up at the thermostat to
run it. this works ok as well. The gas flames, it heats up and the blower
comes on and runs for about 3-5 min. and then all the flames (both pilot and
heating) just cut off. The Blower continues to run like a normal cooling
phase...

Dont think that it can be the thermocouple can it, or it wouldnt light.
Seems like its some high temperature limit switch or something killing the
gas????? dont know where to start. Any help would be great.

i would begin by replacing the thermocouple they are cheap and easy to
replace.....

this elminates one failure area and it may well be the cause

Nah. The OP doesn't seem to complain about freezing in the dark in
spite of the short furnace cycles. To me that sounds like the house
needed only a little make up heat to bring it up to the set
temperature. That is the furnace is operating normally. Else the
house is leaking heat fast enough to need make up heat often.