Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Anyone making purfume atomizers?

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:42:59 -0700, Fred Holder wrote:

On Oct 3, 7:15 am, mac davis wrote:
I sell a few of these and try to keep an assortment on hand, but have a problem
squaring the ends with the tube.. these are the ones with the 15mm tube...
Too large of a diameter for my pen mill and the disk sander squares it to the
blank, not the tube..

Anyone come up with something effective, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Hello Mac,

I've never turned any of those projects, but with the problem you
describe, I've turned many things that need to have the end squared as
you describe. I mount a blank of hardwood in a chuck (or on a
faceplate) and turn a tenon that will just fit into the brass tube and
go clear to the bottom of the hole. Then slip the blank onto the
tenon, bring up the tailstock and square the end with a skew chisel or
parting tool. This technique has worked very well for me on a lot of
different projects and should work on this project.

Fred Holder
http://www.fholder/Woodturner/woodturn.htm

Thanks, Fred...
Some what of a jam chuck?

I use a similar setup for holding them when buffing... might even be able to use
one of my "buffing dowels" in the spigot jaws...