Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Anyone making purfume atomizers?

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 13:25:51 -0400, Harry Pye wrote:

Mac,

Anyone come up with something effective, so I don't have to re-invent
the wheel?

I've seen a picture of a gizmo (technical term) that is held by the
sander's miter gage. In your case it would have a rod that is set
exactly square to the sanding disk. The rod should be a smooth fit
inside the 15 mm brass tube. Slip the blank over the rod and proceed to
sand the end square.

Hope this helps, Harry

Thanks, Harry... I've seen them in catalogs and might make one..

The main reason that I'd make my own is that since the one you saw is a "1 size
fits all", the rod for the tube is a few inches off the table...
I just can't bring myself to be sanding things on my 12" disk without them being
on the down-side of the disk and ON the table surface..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing