Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kate Kate is offline

Default Speaking of Celtic - secret box

Thanks Mike!
Yes, all by hand. I don't have any fancy carving machines.
I have my Xacto knives and some small, very cheap (Harbor Freight) carving
tools that I'm using.
I have the top done, I'll post a shot of it.

Kate

"asmurff" wrote in message
Very nice Kate! Is it all done with hand tools?

Mike
Watch for the bounce.
If ya didn't see it, ya didn't feel it.
If ya see it, it didn't go off.
Old Air Force Munitions Saying
"Chris Damico" wrote in message
. ..
Kate wrote:
My 23 year old daughter has always coveted my 'secret' box.
It's a box with a secret lock integrated into the design.

Beautiful work Kate. Here's one that I carved for my brother. His niece
wanted a treasure box (she's 3 or 4). He had an old mahogany humidor
that he wanted something "scratched" into the top. Her name is Sarah
Rose (thus the central theme). I didn't get a picture of the finish he
put on it but I heard that she was duefully impressed!