Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
robb robb is offline

Default tek 2236 reapair advice ?

so i received my tek 2236 opt 2 scope (**for repair**) from the
bay

advertised as showing flickering lights when "beam finder" pushed
but no other activity ? i thought it more fun and rewarding to
repair than my HP1701A scope that dove face first onto concrete.

i was trying to set up base line trace, checking knobs/buttons,
testing various settings to get idea where problem(s) might be ,
what had any affect, thinking maybe i could get trace with some
combo and work from there.

a little impatience and i spun the Horiz and Vertical mode DIVS
back and forth a couple of time and to my surprise the beast
awoke ?

Now surely there is more wrong with this scope than dirty switch
contacts (Yes)?
if not, then how should i go about flushing.cleaning those
switches or do i need to ?

if yes (more problems), does anyone have ideas from symptoms
stated. like where should i be concentrating effort to determine
problem ? maybe just complete the performance checks and then
decide

thanks for any help
robb