Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lathe mobile base

On Oct 3, 10:20 pm, Lee Tollett wrote:
Hi everyone I have ordered a Jet 1446 wood lathe with the cast iron
legs. Does anyone know what the foot print size is? so that I can get
a mobile base that fits. I would like one that has a three point base
sense my shop floor is not all that level.

Thanks.... Lee

Lee - get on over to the woodturning newsgroup,

rec.crafts.woodturning

This is a pretty popular lathe so I'll be someone would run out to the
shop and measure. Just a comment, I am almost positive that they made
a three point base for the 1236, but none after that. Once again,
almost positive but not quite, I think they stopped making them
because they rocked on the point of the odd leg.

I am thinking that you should looking into the Jet mobile bases that
adjust in two directions and plan on using two sets for your lathe.
Make sure you get bases heavy enough to stand the weight if you bag it
down with sand or whatever you might use to add more weight.

Robert