Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting over poly

"Norminn" wrote in message
clipped

Hey Joe:

Got some poly I need to paint over. Assumed I would have to use oil base
primer. Was the Kilz you used the stinky oil or latex? If latex, how long
has it been up?

This is the inside of one of those crank windows that swing out. Temp
difference in mid winter between outside and inside can be as much as 100
degrees.

Of course, I'll be using exterior on it.

Thanks

Painting over "poly" should be no big deal. It has to be clean, free of
gloss, dust and grease - same goes for any coating. Kilz is just a brand
name.

I know. It's just what I had around, and will for the next 300 years. The
prior owner of this house did a great job of cleaning paint can rims and
making sure they were sealed well. Then, he left 8 cans here when he moved,
each at least half full. I would've called him & asked if he wanted any of
it, but he's across the country.