Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
Boris Beizer Boris Beizer is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

"Marc Britten" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Sep 9, 9:21 pm, wrote:
I'm on my second electronic variable speed control inside myDremel
model 395 tool. This one just crapped out with the same temperamental
symptoms as the last one. I need to use the tool tomorrow night, and
would like to bypass the internal variable speed circuitry to simplify
it; maybe buy an external control later.

There aren't any wiring diagrams I could find on theDremelsite. I'm
thinking if I had one for the model 275 tool (single speed) and the
395 (electronic variable speed), I might be able to make the 395 into
a 275 by just jumpering some wires. I'll probaqbly need to at least
retain the variable speed assembly, since the brushes fit into it.

If it runs at all, hopefully at full speed, jst plug it in to a sewing
machine rheostat, Works fine for me.

Boris