Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default cutting paving slabs

On Oct 3, 1:34 pm, Pete C wrote:
On Oct 3, 10:33 am, RobertL wrote:

Before I rush off and buy/rent a grinder I wanted to check the group's
view on doing this job with an ordinary circular saw. I only need to
do straight cuts and Ithink you can get masonry blades (diamond) for a
circular saw. I already own a good circular saw with a 6" blade
(IIRC). Would this be a possible way to go or is it really better to
use an angle grinder?

Argos have got a grinder for £10, not worth risking your circular saw
for.

Try keeping the dust away from the motor air intake slots on the
grinder, a windy day might help.

A good thought, thanks. My wife is in the shop buying a grinder as
we speak.