Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default How do you transition from hardibacker to sheetrock?

On Oct 3, 6:08 am, wrote:
Do you tape the joint with joint compound or thinset?

Or should I just tile the entire wall in the shower area all the way
up to the ceiling?

In my opinion, you should just tile to the ceiling. Mine isn't and if
I redo it it will be, ceiling and all.
Unless you have no water pressure, it will constantly get splashed,
which will lead to,
peeling or at least discoloration adding additional cleaning and
painting chores. If the drywall ever gets soaked,
(green board is water resistant not water proof) replacing it will
play hell with the top row of tile.
If you do decide to transition, do it above the tile for the reason
stated above.