Posted to uk.d-i-y
Si[_2_] Si[_2_] is offline

Default Govt banning lightbulbs.... wot about halogens?

In message , Stuart Noble
writes
Si wrote:
In message , Stuart Noble
writes
Si wrote:
In message , Stuart Noble
writes

At this time of year and at the equivalent sun cycle in spring, I
find it very difficult to drive with the sun to my right when
passing trees. My eyes are adjusting like mad to compensate.

Can't say I've experienced that, but the underpass thing is
spooky, and I've only noticed it this year (mainly on the northern
approach to the Blackwall Tunnel). I'm pretty sure they've
changed the lighting
They do seem to have increased the lighting in the south tunnel.

Nothing wrong with the tunnel, it's the bloody underpass shortly
before it that concerns me. Perfectly fine at night but an accident
waiting to happen in sunlight.

I'll be aware of what you've said next time I go through (may not be
for a week or two) & come back to you.

Needs to be sunny, and probably needs to be early evening, a set of
circumstances that may not occur for a while :-)

Aaah well, if you drive south through the BT in the early evening 'rush'
hour you should expect the worst of all possible experiences.

--
Si