Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default Gas Furnance Problems

"TH" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 30, 8:07 pm, kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"staselwood" u37849@uwe wrote in messagenews:7903d1f921fb3@uwe...
Hello All,
First time poster...

I have an old gas furnance in my greenhouse that I just re-lit the

pilot
light tonight for the first time since last winter. The pilot lights

fine
and will stay lit as normal. Next I turn the heat up at the

thermostat to
run it. this works ok as well. The gas flames, it heats up and the

blower
comes on and runs for about 3-5 min. and then all the flames (both

pilot
and
heating) just cut off. The Blower continues to run like a normal

cooling
phase...

Dont think that it can be the thermocouple can it, or it wouldnt

light.
Seems like its some high temperature limit switch or something killing

the
gas????? dont know where to start. Any help would be great.

Phone book, heating contractors.

Why would you want to mess with something which you don't have the

knowledge
or tools to do the work properly?

Cause he wants to, dick head. If you can't give advice keep your
opinion to yourself.

I gave him good advice, you're just too stupid to understand that.

People come here for help 'cause they're not afraid to tackle
problems, that most of the time can easily be fixed by yourself and
save a lot of money, if you just put a little effort in finding out
how things work. I get tired of all the dick head contractors lurking
in here trying to convince people that only contractors are qualified
to do anything. In my experience, the more you can keep the
contractors away and learn to do things yourself, the better off you
will be.

Most homeowners don't have manometers to set/check gas pressures... do you?
Now STFU.