Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rick.webuse@gmail.com is offline

Default Extending a finished drywall wall

Any tips, tricks to extending a finished drywall wall? Making some
modifications to my home, I want to add 6 feet onto an existing wall
partition. It's a pretty simple job but just wanted to ask if there
are any best practices for when it comes to joining the new wall
drywall to the already plastered metal 90 degree corner.
Should you remove the corner first and then place the drywall flush to
the wall and plaster?
Or leave the corner? Just wondering if you leave the corner intact,
will there be a raised section or "bump" in the plaster where the new
drywall meets the finished wall?

Thanks!