Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Rodents making home in GENERATOR CONTROL BOX

In article ,
Ignoramus6620 wrote:

*Hint* - Keep them OUT of the control box... and the windings too.

Pete, yes, I actually like your screening suggestion, but the holes
are placed such that it is very hard to screen them.

Then screen (I prefer 1/8" hardware cloth to window screen) every
opening larger than 1/8" in either direction on the place the generator
lives. If need be, build the generator a cage. Meanwhile, buy a dozen
snap traps with the large plastic trigger and set them around the
generator - I don't even bother with bait (and thus, don't attract
anything new into the space with the scent of food). Clean them out and
reset daily.

Couldn't hurt to invite the local cats around as well, but that only
works for stupid mice or patient cats.