Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mateolola@gmail.com is offline

Default concrete step repair & slate

Hi,
I have some cracking and chipping damage on my front concrete steps
probably due to wear & tear and rock salt. The previous owner
obviously skim coated the top of a few of the steps and that's what is
chipping away. At this point i'd like to possibly put some slate
treads on top and repair the risers with concrete or brick if it's not
too thick.
I have a few questions:
What is the best thickness of slate when using it for steps?
Does anyone have suggestions as to which product would be best to use
when laying in the slate?
What is the best (longest lasting) product to use for fixing the the
non-slated areas?

I have pics posted on my website: http://www.2twins.net/steps.html
Thanks for any info!