Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Flat Tire On Lawn Tractor

On 29 Sep, 16:42, "HeyBub" wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

Unless it's REALLY old it's likely tubeless. Back in 93 I bought an
MTD and it had tubeless rims. Sold it to my neighbor in 01 and bought
my Deere which also has tubeless.

- Or really new. I got tired of the tubless tire on my wheelbarrow
going flat,
- so I put a $2.50 tube in it. Hasn't gone flat in two years.

My son bought a small trailer at Harbor Fright (boo!) to tow behind
his mower to do neighborhood lawn work. We took the front wheels/tires
off an old rider and modified the trailer so they fit. With the
trailer tires matching the front tires of the mower, it looks so much
better than the narrow wheels that came with the trailer. Both tires
were flat so we added tubes and haven't had a flat in 4 years.

Any day you get to use a grinder with your teenage son is a good day.