Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Rodents making home in GENERATOR CONTROL BOX

Ignoramus6620 wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 18:49:37 GMT, Pete C. wrote:
Ignoramus6620 wrote:

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 17:54:38 GMT, Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Ignoramus6620" wrote: (clip) What I want to hear is how can I prevent them
from setting home in the generator again.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A rag soaked in cat urine?

I was thinking along the lines of stufffing loose fiberglass
insulation into the control box.

So, not only are you providing the rodents with a home, you're
furnishing it with bedding as well???

Pete, I thought that fiberglass insulation is a very hostile material
and the rodents will not like it. That was my hope. Maybe I am
mistaken. After having worked in an attic with this stuff, I
personally would hate to come in close contact with it.

Rodents nest in fiberglass insulation all the time. You need to keep the
rodents out of the space, and aluminum window screen works well for
sealing the vent openings.