Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default Books on gears

Perhaps you're looking for engineering design information. If so, try
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Handb.../dp/0071441646.
Expensive and only 10 pages summarizing spur gear application but lots more
coverage of more advanced gearing. Use interlibrary loan.

My old 3rd edition of Spotts, 'Design of Machine Elements' offers 48 pages
on spur gears
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/....x=13& Go.y=7

Boston Gear has a free tech file on gear theory:
http://bostongear.com/pdf/gear_theory.pdf

Wikipedia offers what looks like an extensive discussion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gear

DAGS: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22spur+gears%22 Try modifying
the search with the addition of 'application' or 'installation' or
'adjustment' or whatever it is exactly that you're looking for.

David Merrill

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message
news
snip...

I've got #25, it leaves me wanting more.

snip...

On order.