Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Resin render

Merryterry wrote:
On 30 Sep, 16:09, Stuart Noble
wrote:

ISTR acrylics are very fussy about temperature and normally require 20
degsC to cure properly. Fine in a controlled environment but a bit hit
and miss outdoors I would think. Maybe things have moved on since I last
had reason to look at all this.

Water based resin coatings will cure at well below 20C but just take
longer and need protecting from elements whilst curing. Most will cure
down to about 5C.

The minimum film forming temperature (MFFT) of all but the softest
resins is nearer 20, or at least it was last time I looked.
The reason most acrylic gloss paint is soft and rubbery is that a harder
resin would need a higher temperature to cure properly.