Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen Dan Espen is offline

Default Crickets

Norminn writes:

clipped
Only after I realized that crickets don't chirp when it's snowing out
did I realize what I was hearing.

Tinnitus sux.... I've had it as long as I can remember. I'd poke
out my eardrums in a heartbeat if I thought it would make a
difference.

Yeah, from what I've read, that won't help.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Me too. Mine sounds like a micro electric motor running at top
speed. Sometimes it gets louder and there are times when it almost
sounds like someone opened a door to it all of a
sudden. Fortunately, it is not as irritating as some others have
claimed. It appears to be louder in my left ear than the right. I
have learned to ignore it so well that sometimes I have to stop and
think about it to hear it.
I have no problem hearing it when I go to sleep at night, tho.

I think I have tinnitus also ... not the high-pitch ringing I used to
hear once in a while but more like the sound of water running through
pipes. Strange part is I only notice it when I am at home. I have
excellent hearing, and hubby has not so good, so I can't ask him
"what's that noise?" ) And, no, the water isn't running. If I'm
thinking about the noise and go outside, I still hear it so it is
"real". I wonder if there is background noise that makes it more
noticeable at times....

Ah, fellow suffers. I think it's pretty common.

Google will turn up a lot of info but no cures.

I imagine the people with the steady tone suffer the most.
Since I recognized what is going on I've tried to tune out
the noise. Also trying to convince myself I like the sound.
I like the sound of real ones.