Posted to alt.home.repair
jim jim is offline

Default Gas Furnance Problems

On Oct 1, 9:49 pm, " wrote:
I had a 6 month old thrmocouple fail once. as others pointed out make
sure its in the flame.

Not meaning to **** people off but somethings diy wern't meant to do
as I a plumber have found to many times. They mean well but they get
the Bob Vila syndrome and think they know it all. Just give them a
hammer and nail and it will be fixxed. Not to say that there arn't bad
contractors butt there are more good 1 check thermocoupler as stated
for flame contact , 2 Check to see how long the burn goe's for before
going out. 3 If you have never played with a gas heater call a pro gas
tech not a generel contractor and have it done right. 4 Sounds like a
temp sensor to me and you can replace 3 to get it right or one if you
know your unit. Do you not have warranty! To the th who dissed
contractors you are the type I come to fixx the most I can tell. I
aggree people can fixx but know you limits and gas is something not to
play with as it blows up when you do it wrong.