Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default An answer to why the reduction in science and engineering majors in US universities

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

The NYT says starting salaries for freshly minted analysts in areas that
deal with risk, such as hedge funds, are running up to $200,000/yr. That's
*starting* salaries.

--
Ed Huntress

I think that's a very small number of the best Wharton grads, or at the
quant funds like Renaissance, exceptional math PhD's. In addition, the
bottom may be about to fall out of that market. But I agree the compensation
is incredible. Private equity firms charge 2% of money under management and
20% of net gain. Many of these funds are over a billion dollars and the
firms may consist of relatively few employees whacking up a pretty big
prize. Makes the rest of us wonder why we didn't even think of a career in
finance......