Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default What is NEC Code For This Grounding Scheme ?

In article om, w_tom wrote:
On Oct 1, 3:35 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
This whole thing started with your idiotic statement that a metal underground
water pipe was not required to be used as a grounding electrode, remember?

No wonder Doug Miller does not know the code. You still don't
comprehend what I posted?

You still don't comprehend that what you posted was a load of nonsense.

Posted was something completely different
- that a water pipe earth ground is insufficient for earthing.

You wrote that the metal water pipe is not required to be bonded as a
grounding electrode.

Even
if earthed by the water pipe, building still requires another earth
ground to meet post 1990 code requirements.

True -- but not relevant.

Doug - why do you forget
what I posted - and also completely misunderstand paragraphs from the
code. Why do you misrepresent what I posted just so you can argue?

Why are you lying about what you posted?

In this post

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.
repair/msg/960f7c0fae366943?dmode=source

You wrote "If using any other earthing electrode, then
a water pipe earthing electrode is not required."

Remember that this is in the context of an original post which asked about
adding more grounding electrodes, _in_addition_to_ the metal water pipe that
he already has.

And that metal water pipe is *required* by Code to be bonded as part of the
grounding electrode system.

At least Doug Miller is conceding that other electrodes - ie
underground tanks - need not be connected to breaker box.

I acknowledged my mistake with respect to the underground tanks. We're still
waiting for you to realize, and admit, that you were wrong about everything
else.

What part of "all ... that are present ... shall be bonded together..." are
you having trouble understanding?

--
Regards,