Posted to alt.home.repair
w_tom w_tom is offline

Default What is NEC Code For This Grounding Scheme ?

On Oct 1, 3:35 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
This whole thing started with your idiotic statement that a metal underground
water pipe was not required to be used as a grounding electrode, remember?

No wonder Doug Miller does not know the code. You still don't
comprehend what I posted? Posted was something completely different
- that a water pipe earth ground is insufficient for earthing. Even
if earthed by the water pipe, building still requires another earth
ground to meet post 1990 code requirements. Doug - why do you forget
what I posted - and also completely misunderstand paragraphs from the
code. Why do you misrepresent what I posted just so you can argue?

At least Doug Miller is conceding that other electrodes - ie
underground tanks - need not be connected to breaker box.

It should be obvious to John Ross that your electrical knowledge
comes only from reading - not from industry experience. You did not
even correctly read what I had posted.

John Ross requires earthing. One earth ground rod close to AND
wired directly to his breaker box provides sufficient earthing - would
meet code. Any other utility that is also earthed must also connect
to this same earthing 'system'. That earthing to provide human
safety (as defined by code) also provides surge protection.

Why does the telephone line need earth ground? The telco installed
(for free) protector will not provide surge protection without a short
connection to earth ground.

Meanwhile, volts500 demonstrates other grounding that are now
required for human safety in http://tinyurl.com/hkjq . These
simple solutions also should be considered by John Ross. More
recommendations that Doug Miller would have conveniently forgotten or
not comprehended?