Posted to alt.home.repair
Laurie Laurie is offline

Default Soap pump not pumping

Steve wrote:
"Laurie" wrote on 30 Sep 2007 in group
alt.home.repair:

Stainless steel Price Pfister kitchen faucet with separate pump soap
dispenser. It just stopped pumping... any ideas what is causing it
and how to fix it? TIA, Laurie

Possibilities:
1) You're out of soap. Add more soap.
2) The pump is clogged with thickened soap. Take the pump out and
soak it in the sink overnight. Pump it with both ends under water.
Eventually, the water will soften up the soap in the tubes. You may
have to use boiling water on the stove, but remove all the plastic
parts first. 3) The pump is clogged with dried soap. Disassemble it,
clean it, and reassemble it. See 2).
4) The pump is broken. Install a new one.

LOL - it's full of soap (but I appreciate it being step 1) and water runs
through it,but with the thicker soap, I am going to try the boiling water
aspect.

If it's broken, I want to see if I can figure out why and if/how to repair
the guts part since the dispenser part is a stainless steel part of the
faucet set...