Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Bathroom vanity height

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:08:25 -0700, RickH
wrote:
On Oct 1, 1:07 am, Aaron Fude wrote:

My wife and I find that the standard height of vanity of counter in
the bathroom of about 30" is pretty low. (I actually have a bad back
and end up brusing my teeth and shaving standing on my knees in front
of our counter. But even when my back was fine I found the height
inconvenient.) What's the reason for this being the standard height?

There are no real standards for bath vanity, 29 inch is std table
height, 36 is std counter height. Most bath units fall around 32.
But with the higher sink you will notice that the water runs down your
elbows when you are washing your face, unlike the 32 inch.

Good point about the face washing, but overall the higher bath counter
height really is nice, especially if the sink is close to the edge of
the counter as another poster suggested. That's how our attic bath is
set up, and the housemate likes it a lot. I'd love to redo our master
bath with a similarly high vanity, but that's unlikely.