Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default What is NEC Code For This Grounding Scheme ?

w_tom wrote:
On Oct 1, 12:58 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
Tom - please don't attempt to lecture me on what the Code says, when you
clearly don't understand it yourself.

So those millions of fuel oil tanks buried outside homes to provide
fuel for winter heat - all tanks are code violations?

Doug and I both answered that. The NEC does not require tanks to be part
of the grounding electrode system.

A tank that meets paragraph
(A)(7) as an electrode also is not 'present' according to the code.

If only you could read and think.

The code requires items in “250.52(A)(1) through (A)(6)” be bonded. I
realize it is difficult math for you, but 7 is past 6 and so tanks in
(A)(7) are not required by the NEC to be part of the grounding electrode
system.

If word definitions were so obvious, then explain why a rope does
not bond two items together. Code says two items must be bonded.
They look bonded together to me.

Well beyond stupid. Perhaps your meds should be increased.
If it is serious point perhaps you could look at the definition of
"bonded" in the NEC chapter 100.

Please learn the code
before lecturing others.

Please learn to read.
Then learn to think.
Then learn the code before lecturing others.

bud--