Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein Bill Rubenstein is offline

Default help please - Iles vs Taylor

Yes, I've used both. They are equivalent so buy on price, availability,
shape. I buy unhandled whenever possible so have been buying from
Packard for several years where you can buy their house brand that way.
Those tools are also the equal of the others. All my tools are M2
except some of my bowl gouges which are Oneway M4. I have no use for
the powdered steels since I grind frequently, and would do it even if
using more expensive steels.

Bill

ebd wrote:
Onyone who has used both - what is your preference?