Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Correct position of thermostat for central heating

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:14:40 +0100, Mike P wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:26:00 GMT, "John"
wrote:

snip
..
..
..
.. I would have thought that a Wireless Stat would be the solution then it can
.. easily be put in the lounge without disturbing the wiring.
..
/snip

We had one of those for the Woecester boiler at my last place. It was
brilliant. Just carried it about where we were most at.

I'm using these regularly now as they are only £40 more than a wired unit.
It allows the user the possibility to experiment to find the best place
for the control. Then, later, if it's practical, a wired unit can be
substituted.