Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default cutting paving slabs

RobertL wrote:

We (me and father-in-law) need to cut a few paving slabs (3 of them).
These are 1960s concrete paving slabs 2ftx3ft.

Old slabs are quite soft compared to new ones, so they cut easily with a
masonry cutting disc.
For just 3 cuts, firstly ask if anyone local will cut them, if not, buy
a cheap 115mm grinder, and 3 masonry discs - easily available for £25.

You only need to go halfway through the slab,then put a piece of 2x1"
wood under the cut, and give it a sharp tap, and it should break cleanly
along the cut.
Alan.