Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Liquid PTFE

wattie wrote:

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
In a recent thread, the consensus seemed to be that liquid PTFE was
superior to tape for sealing (for example) the threads on radiator
tails. It is also quite a lot more expensive!

Can I ask those who use the liquid where you normally get it, and in
what quantities?

How much do I need for 10 radiators (20 tails)?

I see that Screwfix sell 50 ml for about a tenner (a bit cheaper at
Toolstation) or you can get 250 ml from Plumb Center for about £19 +
VAT. What is its shelf life, once opened?

[Also, can anyone tell me where I can get a 1/2"BSP tap (as in tap
and die!) to clean up the threads in my rads prior to fitting new
valves?]

Try here http://www.tapdie.com/html/bsp__taps.html

Thanks - looks useful.
--