Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Insulated consumer unit for garage

stevelup wrote:

On Oct 1, 10:20 am, wrote:
Can anyone recommend an insulated consumer unit (i.e. not metal) that
is sturdy please?

I have a SWA cable feeding power into my garage and I need a plastic
consumer unit with a lower edge that isn't distorted by the weight
of the cable/cable gland.

Most of the consumer units I've looked at seem quite flimsy.

Thanks

All the ones I have seen are flimsy...I'd recommend terminating the
SWA into an adaptable box underneath the consumer unit.

Steve

I terminated mine in a bit of aluminium angle, screwed to the wall right by
the entry to the CU - using a piranha fitting to attach the earth cable.
--
Cheers,
Roger