Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Installing HALO Hi-Hats for 3/8 sheetrock ceiling suggestions

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:27:57 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 07:23:40 -0700, Mikepier
wrote:

I have to use 3/8 sheetrock for my kitchen ceiling to match an
adjacent dining room ceiling. I was ready to install some Hi-Hats in
my ceiling, but the brackets are designed to go under the ceiling
joists, leaving the depth of the hi-hat for 1/2" sheetrock. This
obviously will not work for me, so does anyone have any suggestions
how to modify the bracket to accomodate 3/8 sheetrock? I was thinking
install the hi-hat first, then bang the bracket upwards a few times to
get the 3/8 depth I need, but maybe theres a better way to go about it.

What are Hi-Hats ?

I thought those were certain cymbals on a drum set?

Yes, that also, but in this context, they're canister ceiling lights
or recessed lights. Usually spelled as "high hats," these I know as
can lights.