Posted to alt.home.repair
lost rules lost rules is offline

Default OUTDOOR ELECTRICAL BOX COVER NEEDED

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:32:52 GMT, (Ron in
NY) wrote:

Hi all,

About 5 years ago, I had the outside of my house painted, and the a**hole
painter removed one of my spotlight box covers. It was a 3X5 cover with 3
spotlamp recepticals in it. The box is mounted to the house with the long side
horizontal. I am having vinyl siding installed soon, and the salesman said that
I should get a cover and spotlamps, and the guys installing the siding would
install the cover back on the box. I would do it myself, but it is about 25 feet
up on the side of the house. I don't do well on ladders that high.

Here's the problem. All the box covers I find have 3 threaded holes
arranged horizontally if the box is vertical. My box is mounted horizontally, so
I need the 3 holes arranged the opposite way---the long way. I can't find a
cover like that--locally or on the internet. Does any company make a box cover
like that---with the 3 holes arranged the long way ???

RON

Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.

Well when the a**hole painter removed the cover did the duma**s
homeowner say to him "make sure you put that cover back on, why didn't
you put the cover back on, where is my cover", or some such?